Friday, April 20, 2007

Friday

I received an e-mail from a lovely women that a friend of mine tried to set me up with last year. Unfortunately, she has chosen a career that consumes her every waking moment, which also leaves very little time for her young son. We could just never make our schedules match and find time to connect. She would send me e-mails at 2:00 AM because she was still at work after being there since 7:00 AM. Wow, talk about dedication, but that crosses the line and borders on crazy. Her company could give a rats ass less about her personally, just get it done, and bring us more profit!

I have to admit that I have always rebelled against that corporate life style, it just has never made sense to me. I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting to have a successful career. But, I do know it will always leave you feeling empty inside. When is it enough? How many houses, cars, and material things does it take to fulfill the emptiness inside?

I wrote this poem about another friend of mine who will always have a special place in my heart! It reminded me of how she must feel after getting home from a 18 hour day.


Solace

Shadows of the night dance across the room. Her mind wanders in what seems like endless directions. Weary eyes that long too rest. Rest as they did before life washed away all of the innocence and brought pain to such a beautiful heart. Desperately seeking to cross the bridge that lies between reality and the enchanting world of dreams where there is nothing but peace and love. Finally, in the stillness of night comes solace, her pain fades momentarily, and she drifts off to sleep.

No comments: